The WACL Talent Awards 2020/2021 opens on Monday 14th September
What is it?
The WACL Talent Awards (previously known as the Future Leaders Awards) is a grant scheme for emerging future female leaders working in media, marketing, advertising and communications. It’s awarded by WACL in partnership with NABS.
Why does it exist?
WACL’s purpose of accelerating gender equality in our industry means we’re passionate about supporting as many emerging female leaders as we can. So we set up the WACL Talent Awards to foster great talent and support more women on their journey to leadership.
Each year we are proud to award grants to around 30 women to fund a training course they choose to support their goals for the future.
And for this year only, given the exceptional circumstances we find ourselves in, we are offering 100% grants (rather than the usual 75%), up to the value of £3000 to all our winners.
The process of entering the awards is a valuable learning experience in itself. And the women who win an award get:
- the chance to develop new skills for the future through a course you choose.
- membership to the FUTURES network created and run by previous years’ winners, that offers peer-to-peer support, learning events, mentoring and the opportunity to raise your industry profile
- a free 12-month membership with CMI (Chartered Management Institute). See here examples of the insight you will receive.
- one free Amazing If digital workshop
- a free annual AllBright Multi-Club membership to the Patricia Mann winner (see FAQs for more details)
- a mentoring session with a WACL Leader as part of your FUTURES network membership
- an experience that helps accelerate your career
- a prestigious award that looks great on your CV
Who can apply?
The WACL Talent Awards is open to all WACL Talent; that is all ambitious and talented women in advertising and communications aspiring to achieve their leadership potential.
It doesn’t matter how old you are or what your background is – if you’re ambitious, want to make a difference and are motivated to succeed, you’re the perfect applicant for this awards scheme.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- identify as a woman
- be currently or most recently employed or engaged in the media, marketing, advertising and communications industry
- based in the UK
- have at least 3 years of industry experience
- committed to a career within this industry
- have the application endorsed by your current employer or most recent employer or sponsor if you have recently been made redundant
- you are eligible to apply if you have been furloughed, are at risk of redundancy or have been made redundant
What are we looking for?
Below are five questions that will help you to explore whether this award is right for you. These questions are also designed to give you an insight into what the judges are looking for from applications
1. Are you passionate about the media, marketing, advertising, and communications industry and can you share examples that bring this passion to life?
2. How will your chosen course stretch you beyond where you are today and why does it feel like the right opportunity for you and your career?
3. What examples can you share of supporting, growing and inspiring other women in the industry?
4. What have you achieved outside of your day job that you’re proud of (personally and professionally)?
5. What does being a leader mean to you and what are your leadership ambitions in the future?
Simply put, we want to hear the story of what sort of leader you are, how you inspire others and how you want to progress as a leader
How do I apply?
Click on the link here to access the application form.
All applications will be carefully reviewed and a shortlist of candidates will be invited to meet with a group of WACL Leaders who will then select the award winners.
Key dates for your calendar
- Open for entries: 14th Sept 2020
- Closing deadline for entries: 26th October 2020
- Notification of shortlisting for interviews: early December 2020
- Interviews take place – late January 2021
- Notification of decision – February 2021
If you have questions, take a look at our FAQs that we’ve put together and feel free to get in touch with us at email@example.com