Networking – Tips workshop – Monday 28 February 2011
Networking is sometimes erroneously presented as a selfish and egotistical pursuit. It can bring to mind the person you meet at an industry function who constantly looks over your shoulder for someone more interesting to talk to. But actually, it can be an incredibly useful, practical and at times even generous activity with enormous benefits for us and the organisations we work for. Most of us would grudgingly acknowledge that networking can be beneficial to our professional lives in all sorts of ways although there are very few of us who would not be a little bit daunted at the prospect of walking into a room full of strangers that we are supposed to network with. So, if you’d like to be armed with a few more skills and techniques that you can draw on in these types of situations then this latest WACL workshop is for you. You will hear from a fantastic line-up of some of the best female networkers in the business although don’t be surprised when you hear that networking was not something that came naturally to all of them.
- Caroline Marshall, Executive Editor, Haymarket Brand Media
- Nicola Mendelsohn, Chairman & Partner Karmarama & IPA President Elect
- Cilla Snowball, Group CEO & Chairman, AMV.BBDO
- Suki Thompson, Managing Director, Oyster Catchers
- Ali Bucknall, Planning Director, Elvis Communications