Speaker Dinner - 16 May 2016 - Gaby Logan
May 16, 2016 – 7:00 pm
Please find attached the booking form for the Gabby Logan dinner. Please complete and return to email@example.com
Gabby Logan brief biog
Dedicated and professional with a fantastic sense of humour, Gabby is one of the UK’s leading broadcasters. A former international gymnast, Gabby began her broadcasting career in radio in 1992 and joined Sky Sports in 1996 where she quickly established herself as one of their key presenters. Since then she has also worked for ITV, the BBC and Channel 5 in all sorts of different capacities and was one of the first female sports anchors on UK terrestrial television.
Why I think this will be a great event?
- For all those sport-obsessed male clients and colleagues, what could be better than an evening spent listening to someone who’s even more of an expert than they are, has met all of their sporting heroes and has a ready anecdote about all of them? Her sport presenting credits include: The World Cup, The Champions League, the Premiership, The Six Nations, Match of the Day, Final Score, Inside Sport, Women’s Football, The World Swimming Championships, Athletics, The Commonwealth Games, The London 2012 Olympics, BBC sports personality of the year, the London Marathon.
- She may be a sports specialist but for those with zero interest in sport, she has plenty of other strings to her bow as she is also a great generalist too. She seems to effortlessly turn her hand to presenting or appearing in all sorts of different genres and formats: The One Show, Splash, Flockstars, The Vault, Comic Relief, The Edge, Have I Got News for You, Through the Keyhole, the Antiques Roadshow, Room 101.
- She’s had an interesting and at times challenging life:
- She’s the mother of IVF twins.
- As a 12 year old, she was in the crowd at Valley Parade when the Bradford City Stadium Fire happened which killed 56 people. She left the stand with her brother and sister moments before the fire took hold and watched the disaster taking place.
- Her 15 year old brother Daniel collapsed and died from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in 1992 and so via the Daniel Yorath Appeal, she raises funds for treatment and detection of the condition which often affects young athletes.
- She’s a brilliant speaker upper: natural, funny, professional, authoritative and she has risen to the top of one of the most male dominated professions going.
- And finally, a fact which I know will clinch it for most of you, she is a NETBALLER! Or, at least she was at school and university. How fabulous is that? Here if you need, Gabby!
So, I really hope we can have a fantastic turnout for what will be my last (sob) speaker dinner as Prez. I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on Monday 16th May.
All the best