WACL Event - Agile Workers ‘Brown bag’ lunch - 16th March 2016
Mar 16, 2016 – 7:00 pm
Have you held a senior job in advertising, marketing or media? Are you thinking about some consultancy? Do you already work for yourself/ freelance/ contract/ consult/ take on interim posts? If so, then you are an Agile Worker – an ever-growing part of the UK workforce.
As someone who has been working this way for 12 years, following an even longer career in advertising, I am often asked for tips and watch-outs. Most frequently:
- - Why did you decide to go it alone?
- - is there a ‘best time’ in your career to do so?
- - how did you get your first client?
- - how do you know what to charge?
- - how do you position yourself?
- - how do you market your services?
- - what is the most effective networking tool?
- - does cold-calling ever work?
- - can you move between FTE and freelance roles?
- - what happens when the work runs out?
- - what are the pros/cons of agile working?
Having had a chat with a few Waclers, it is clear that many of us work in this way and would welcome the opportunity to share experiences. We are therefore planning to hold the first Agile Workers’ ‘Brown bag’ lunch on Thursday 16th March, 12 noon – 2.15pm at Thinkbox where we can do just that. (Brown bag meaning drinks and crisps provided, courtesy of Thinkbox, but please bring your own sandwiches!).
Following the format of the NED lunches, 2 Wacl members - on this occasion, Judy Mitchem, working at HM Treasury and me, contractor with Shell - will each speak for 10 minutes on our (very different) experiences of agile working and then we will throw the floor open.
This event will be free for Members.
There will be 20 places, so please sign up quickly using the attached booking form if you are interested, and return to Jayne@creative-consulting.co.uk