Workshop – Presenting & public speaking – training event 18/04/11
Even if you are very confident and competent in most areas of your working life, standing up to speak in public or making presentations generally can present a completely different set of challenges. Some people seem to be effortlessly comfortable with apparently minimal preparation but for others it can feel like a mountain to climb.
So, if you want to pick up some tips on any aspect of public speaking and presenting: how to control nerves, how to structure your content, how to get the audience on your side, how to alter the pitch of your voice, how to be convincing, persuasive and authoritative, how to respond to questions, how to adopt the right tone of voice for the right occasion, then this is the workshop for you.
You will hear from a variety of WACL members, some of whom find it easy and some of whom have had to work hard to overcome their own nerves.
- Kerry Glazer, CEO AAR (workshop chair)
- Nikki Crumpton, Exec Head of Planning, McCann Erickson
- Kathryn Jacob, CEO, Pearl & Dean
- Clare Salmon Sheikh, Group Director of Strategy, Marketing & Customer, RSA Insurance Group
- Cindy Yendell, CEO Unspun