The membership application process is now open.
Application for Membership of WACL
We are delighted you are considering joining WACL and being part of our passionate group of women leaders whose primary purpose is to accelerate gender equality in advertising, marketing and media. In order to deliver this, we focus on three things: Inspiration, Support and Campaigning.
We endeavour to grow WACL’s membership to reflect the diversity of our industry by adding new members who lead by example and join us in forwarding our purpose to accelerate gender equality. We assume that all applicants are able to demonstrate that they are already making an impact in their own organisations.
Every year WACL increases its membership by limited amount via this application process.
Applications for WACL are reviewed on a bi-annual basis (October and April).
Please note that the next review of applications will be in September 2019.
The application form for the Autumn review will go live on Monday 2nd September. Deadline for submitting New Member applications will then be Wednesday 2nd October.
We know how hugely busy your life is, and so we want you to be aware before joining WACL that membership is not passive. We are seeking new members who are eager and can spare the time to get involved and really make a difference to other future female leaders and also commit to attending three dinners or breakfasts a year so the bonds are kept strong within the Club.
- Current Annual Membership costs: £372.90 (Inc. VAT).
- Typical dinner and breakfast costs are respectively £150 and £70, (inc.VAT).
Criteria for membership
- Seniority: To be considered for membership, you will already need to be a highly respected woman in your field and have held an executive position/be on the board/executive management team (CEO/MD, CMO/Marketing Director, Founding Partner, CCO/ECD, Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Technology Officer etc.) for no less than two years in a business or the department within a business, that is involved in the creation of advertising, marketing and media. If you are not quite yet at the right level for membership, there are many other female groups within the industry with whom we actively partner with and support.
Please click here to find the most appropriate one for you.
- Attended a WACL dinner or breakfast Before applying we would like you to have a good sense of the Club and its ambitions, so we ask that you have attended at least two WACL breakfasts or dinners in the last two WACL years. You will have to attend these with a member. Please note this does not include Gather or Gatherings.
- You will need to be proposed and seconded by members. To apply you will need to be proposed and seconded by an existing WACL Member who you don’t work with, either directly or commercially. These members will then act as your buddy to speed integration, should you become a member. The lists of members are here.
Please note that due to the large number of applications we receive for Membership we will be unable to progress any applications to the review stage that do not meet the core Membership criteria as listed above. Please do get in touch with any questions or for clarification on the criteria if needed.