Wacl Gatherings 28 January 2014
Jan 28, 2014 – 7:00 pm
In our first ‘Gathering’ event of 2014, we bring some truly inspirational women together to offer you their unique and insightful perspectives on how to build a working life around your passions and what really drives you. The evening will feature talks and discussions from a distinguished panel of WACL friends and members, each of whom has a rich, accomplished and often non-conventional career path behind them.
- Merry Baskin, Independtent Consultant
- Jo Kenrick, Marketing Director, Homebase
- Camilla Batmanghelidjh, CBE, Founder & Director, Kids Company
- Cilla Snowball, CBE, Group Chairman & Group CEO, AMV
- Annabel Karmel, MBE, Business woman, entrepreneur, nutritionist
Each of our speakers will share with you their personal stories and offer insights into:
- how they discovered what they wanted to do
- how they found their way to the ‘path’ they took
- what keeps them inspired and passionate about what they do
- making key decisions and career changes along the way
- building business and entrepreneurial success
Gatherings are WACL’s workshop-style training events that take place throughout the year and serve as both a precursor and follow up to the big Gather day that takes place every year in May. They are open to women at all stages of their career and across the industry, WACL-members and non-members alike, and feature speakers from both within and outside the WACL membership. We aim to host between 3-5 Gatherings (workshops) through the year, with each tackling a different key theme affecting women throughout the communication industries. Our themes for 2014 will include Inspirational Women, Future Talent, Speed Mentoring and Unlocking Creativity.