Gather 2016, Training Event
Thursday 26th May 2016
Kings Place, London
Arrival 8:30 - 9 am
Networking Drinks 5:30 - 7pm
What is Gather?
Gather 2015 is a training day like no other. It is organised by WACL (Women in Advertising and Communication London), with all money raised donated to charity. Gather is the leading training event for female rising stars in the communications industry.
It is consistently rated by delegates as the best value, most practical and most fun training event they have ever been to.
Gather 2016: STAND UP, SPEAK UP
Our theme for this 20th anniversary of Gather is ‘Stand up, Speak up’.
One of the recurring themes that we hear is women’s lack of confidence in stepping up. As a result, women’s voices are eerily silent within organisations, as well as the public sphere.
On 26th May, we will be standing up and speaking up to inspire others, to challenge and change, to celebrate and praise.
There will be a line-up of speakers, men and women, from different backgrounds, at different levels and across a range of fields and disciplines, who are there not only to inspire but to share their honest tips and practical support to help more women Stand Up, Speak Up.
A regular fixture of the day’s event is our speed mentoring program where all delegates get the chance to participate in a speed mentoring program where a large number of WACL women will be sharing their valuable advice.
We started speed mentoring at Gather 2013 and each year it receives rave reviews.
At Gather 2016, we will offer every delegate the option to participate in Speed Mentoring. Our mentors will comprise some of the industry’s most influential and inspiring women. In small groups, you will have ten ‘power’ minutes with each mentor before moving to the next. It’s amazing what you can learn in such a short period.
What did people say about Gather last year?
- ‘It was truly fabulous. I felt very privileged to attend.’
- ‘My overarching feeling of the day was that it was one of the best events I’ve ever been fortunate enough to attaend. Fast and punchy, with the right length of content from all speakers, without death by powerpoint.’
- ‘Fantastic day which was so inspirational’.
- ‘The whole day was a great surprise. I thought it was excellent’.
- The speakers were spirited, interesting and real.’
- They spoke about things that I felt were directly relevant to me, and gave me that much needed little shove in the right direction to stop making excuses and just get on with it.’